Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
4. Does SpringerOpen offer discounts on article-processing charges?
Annals of Intensive Care operates a Membership Program. If the submitting author's organization is a Supporter Member, the author receives a 15% discount on the APC. For authors at institutions that are full Members, the cost of the article processing charge is covered in full by the Membership, and no further charge is payable. Please check if your institution is a Member.
- Why do SpringerOpen journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is Annals of Intensive Care charging?
- Does SpringerOpen offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- How do SpringerOpen's charges compare with other publishers?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?